Monday, November 21, 2011

afternoon inspiration: A Cozy Autumn Day


Living in California, you can't really tell when the seasons change. Life gets busy and before you know it, you look up at the calendar and another year has gone by. I grew up in the Northeast and one of the things that I always miss is the transition between each season, a sign that it's time to get excited for what's to come.

There is nothing that says autumn more than the fiery colors of tree leaves. Now that I don't get to see it anymore, I appreciate the beauty of nature even more.


I never cared too much for the color orange, especially in the typical fall combination of brown and orange. It just seemed almost too rich. I never imagined orange with gray but I love this look! Gray is my signature color, I wear it practically every day. It goes with everything! The major pieces in this room are modern yet classic and the accessories really add a subtle flair that you can change seasonally.

Independence, MN traditional bedroom

Source: weheartit, houzz

No comments:

Post a Comment